Korea is one of the most talked about countries in Asia. It’s not hard to see why. It has buzzling city charm, amazing landscape, captivating mountains, beautiful temples… There will never be short of reasons why travellers won’t love Korea. If you are short on time, understandably you will want to condense the best of Korea’s highlights into your trip. For that reason, this Best Korea Travel Guide is the perfect introduction to this fascinating country for first-time visitors.
Best Korea Travel Guide - Quick Tips
- Currency: Korea Won (click here for current conversion rates)
- Visa: Many countries have Visa exemption for 30 days. You can check out whether you’re the lucky one here.
- Safety: It’s safe to travel in Korea. It's perfect for both solo or group travelers!
- Climate: South Korea has four distinct seasons. Winters (Dec-Feb) are usually long, cold and dry. Summers (Jun-Aug) are very short, hot, and humid. Spring (Mar-May) and autumn(Sep-Nov) are pleasant but also short in duration.
- Best SIM cards: There are 2 major suppliers in Korea: KT Mobile, EG SIM and Olleh. All of them have pros and cons, but their signal and 3G coverage are nowadays everywhere the same. I recommend buying the tourist Data SIM from Trazy, as the website provides greater discount.