If you are looking for a cultural, friendly yet contradictory country, Japan may just be your cup of tea. The "Land of the Rising Sun" is a country where the past meets the future. Japanese culture stretches back millennia, yet has also been quick to adopt and created the latest modern fashions and trends. People there are cultural and friendly, yet they have a traditional hierarchy that is so hard to break away. Here's the best Japan travel guide to help you plan a memorable and affordable trip!
From bustling Tokyo and zen-like Kyoto all the way to laid-back Okinawa and wintery Hokkaido, Japan has something for everyone. Honestly, I love Japan. It has mouth-watering food, majestic temples and shrines, zen gardens, lush national parks, and a rich historic culture. Although it may be rather expensive to visit, there are plenty of ways to travel on a budget. You won’t regret your visit here – it’s one of the most amazing countries in the world.
Best Japan Travel Guide - Quick Tips
- Currency: Japanese Yen (click here for current conversion rates)
- Visa: Many countries have Visa exemption between 15-90 days. You can check out whether you’re the lucky one here.
- Safety: It’s generally very safe to travel in any part of Japan. That's why travelers love the country so much!
- Climate: Depends on region. Summer is extremely hot and humid, while winter is rather cooling.
- Best SIM cards: There are many options in Japan and all of them offer similar services and pricing. A 15-day unlimited data cost around 3000 Yen. You can find out more about SIM cards available here.