Australia is an amazing country. Its a super clean country with a lot of nature. People there are very relaxed. Even in the middle of the day, you see people picnicking in parks, chilling at beaches, or simply sitting at the waterfront benches enjoying the sun. With the land area of close to 7,600,000 Km2, its population is only as small as 24 millions people. Coupled with its strong agricultural strength, it's a very self-sufficient country. Here's the Best Australia Travel Guide for your reference. 🙂
The standard of living is rather high in Australia. Food and accommodation can get pretty expensive. A simple meal in a cafe can easily cost you more than $15 AUD. Staying in a cabin cost you at least $70 AUD, not to mention how expensive hotels can get. That's why a lot of people like to rent their own vehicles such as cars or caravans to explore the country. If you wonder how the local survive, the minimum wage is really high. According to FairWork, it's more than $17 per hour. How awesome!
Public transportation wise, it's not well developed (and it's expensive too), so the best and cheapest option is to hire your own cars. For nature lovers, there are plenty of mountains to climb and many national parks for you to explore. Australia is also famous for wildlife. Be it in the wildlife conversation parks, in the middle of the mountains, or even on the road, you'll bound to encounter them.
Best Australia Travel Guide - Quick Tips
- Currency: Australian dollar (click here for current conversion rates)
- Visa: Travelers of all nationalities, except citizens of Australia and New Zealand, will need to obtain a visa to travel to Australia. Best method is to apply online.
- Safety: Very safe to travel. People are very friendly and helpful in general.
- Climate: Depends on region. Winter is generally cold and snowy and summer is hot and humid.
- Best SIM cards: Depends on region too. If you are only exploring the cities, Optus is very stable and offers the best deal. But if you want to explore remote areas like Darwin and around, get Telstra, as it offers the best signal coverage.